The Flood Control District is nationally recognized for its progressive and proactive efforts regarding flood mitigation, prevention and education thanks to our professional team of more than 200 employees. As a part of Maricopa County's Public Works Department, the District provides the highest level of service to Maricopa County residents while offering cutting-edge technology, and the opportunity for training and higher education for its employees.
Annual Maricopa County Employee Satisfaction Surveys consistently show that District employees are most satisfied with their working environment, day-to-day challenges, co-workers and feeling of accomplishment.
Employees with the District receive a wealth of benefits through Maricopa County including:
- medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- state retirement and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
- flexible work schedules
- personal time off, paid holidays and medical leave
- short- and long-term disability
- flexible spending accounts
- employee credit union
- job-related tuition reimbursement
- subsidized commuter programs
- employee discounts
- wellness programs
The documents linked from this page are PDFs (Portable Document Files) and they require the free Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher to view. If you do not already have Acrobat, click on the following 'get Acrobat' button: