White Tanks FRS No. 4 is an earth-fill dam designed to impound stormwater runoff from the White Tank Mountains, up to the 100-year flood level, and release it through two outlets or over two emergency spillways located at either end of the dam. The structure is 1.3 miles in length and has a height of 20 feet, with a storage capacity of 1,135-acre feet. The U.S. Soil Conservation Service, now the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), was the federal sponsor. The Maricopa County Municipal Water Conservation District 1 and the U.S. Soil Conservation Service were cost share partners on this project.
Operation and Maintenance: Flood Control District
Authorization: Pilot Watersheds Program (1953)
Federal Sponsor: U.S. Soil Conservation Service (NRCS)