Do I need a Stormwater Permit?

You need a Maricopa County Stormwater Permit If the following two conditions are met:

1. The project is located within the Urbanized Unincorporated Area (See information below)


2. A project disturbs 1 or more acres of land OR a project is less than one acre but is part of a larger plan of development* that disturbs one or more acres of soil.

*A common plan of development is a contiguous area where separate and distinct construction actives may be taking place at different times on different schedules, but are under one common plan. For more information, visit our What Is a Common Plan of Development page.

  1. Stormwater Program

Complaints and Resources